Ways To Start Your Day
Want to start your day on a better note than getting sucked into a negative social media feed or tuning into bad news?Start here!
Below are some resources where you can take charge of how you start your day. I'll continually add to these and update with blog posts from time to time, too. Feel free to let me know if you have any favorite places to start your day, too!
|Photo by Laura Pratt on Unsplash|
- Shine: what a neat idea! Sign up with your mobile phone number to receive a text—or use their app—to get daily messages that are positive, uplifting, and actionable. I really enjoy their articles and they have great advice about ways to improve life. Sign up here.
- Twitter more your thing? Check out Happier. Nothing like concise, happy nuggets in your Twitter feed! Pro tip: create a reading list in Twitter that has ONLY positive items in it, and start with that in the morning instead of with the whole feed you subscribe to.
- 30-second(ish) Therapy. Ok, look: if you're going to insist on being on Facebook first thing in the morning, anyway (sometimes guilty!), do yourself a favor and start with one of these videos. Jonathan Kirkendall MA LPC is a licensed professional counselor based in Washington, D.C., and he does this great, short video series that always cheers me up. I try to check his page every so often first thing in the morning in order to set myself up right for the day.
- Good News Network: this website focuses on good news! You can subscribe to a daily email and it's a great way to start your day!
- Like dogs? Check out WeRateDogsTM or Thoughts of Dog on Twitter!