Hi all! I don't know about you, but I am feeling summertime right now. It's nice and hot here in Pittsburgh, and despite some rain, we have had several really nice, sunny days in a row. I've been spending more time outdoors, whether tending my tiny container garden on my front porch or taking walks in the park, and enjoying it immensely!
I thought we'd do things a little bit differently today. As you may know, sound and music are some of my favorite ways to lift my mood, raise my vibrations, and keep myself in a positive frame of mind. When I was a teen and in my early twenties, I used to spend hours making mixtapes of my favorite songs for summer and then also songs from summer to take with me back to college.
These days, things are a little different—music is available at the click of a mouse or the swipe of a thumb over an app on your phone. But that doesn't mean I can't still have my "mixtape" fun. I made myself a little Spotify playlist of summer fun songs, and now I can share it with you!
There are several genres of music here, so there should be a little something for everyone. Enjoy the music and have a wonderful weekend! 🌞 🎵 📻 🐝
Full Spotify playlist can be found HERE.
- Surfin' USA – The Beach Boys
- ABC – The Jackson 5
- Beatnik Beach – The Go-Go's
- The Summer Sun – Chris Stamey (feat. Yo La Tengo)
- Here Comes the Summer – The Undertones
- Rockaway Beach – The Ramones
- Summer Fun – The Barracudas
- Rock Lobster - The B-52's
- Having an Average Weekend – Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
- Vacation – The Go-Go's
- Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane
- Summer of '69 – Bryan Adams
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Summer Breeze – Seals and Crofts
- Red Red Wine – UB40
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Miami – Will Smith
- Rock Your Body – Justin Timberlake